SD-WAN FEATURED ARTICLE
MEF19 Announces PoC Participants
It’s difficult to move forward in a technology space when the parameters of the arena aren’t clearly defined. SD-WAN is growing with an undeniable ferocity, and as this sprout grew limbs, branched out and continues to take shape no time better than the present for defined specs.
MEF19 is taking Los Angeles by storm November 18-22, and at the event 46 service providers will put on a showcase of 15 MEF 3.0 Proof of Concept (PoC) demonstrations. The Showcase will include SD-WAN, Blockchain, AI/ML, intent-based networking and more.
“This has been extraordinary year of innovation as industry players strive toward a common goal of accelerating adoption of dynamic and assured services across automated, virtualized, and interconnected networks,” said Pascal Menezes, CTO, MEF. “We look forward to the PoC teams spotlighting the huge progress being made in MEF 3.0 service and technology development and implementation.”
The complete list of 2019 MEF 3.0 PoC Showcase participants and their demonstration are below:
- Colt Technology Services, PCCW Global, Sparkle, Tata Communications, Accedian Amartus, and Clear Blockchain Technologies: Standardization of Blockchain Billing and Settlement Utilizing MEF 3.0 Framework
- PCCW Global, DCConnect Global, and R3: Automated Inter-Carrier Credit Ratings Using Blockchain
- NTT Communications (News - Alert), ADVA, NEC/Netcracker, Silver Peak, Spirent Communications, and Versa Networks: Orchestrated Virtualized Multivendor SD-WAN Services
- Comcast (News - Alert) Business, Cox Business, Ciena, and Nokia Networks: MEF SOAM for High Value Multi-Operator Carrier Ethernet Services
- Spectrum Enterprise, Equinix, Nefeli Networks, Nokia Networks, and Vitria: Intelligent, Intent-Based Network Scaling Using IoT Services
- AT&T (News - Alert), Fortinet, and Nokia Networks: Slicing the Edge
- CMC Networks, Intelsat, Nokia/Nuage Networks, Infovista, Cloudify, and Kontron: SD-WAN over Satellite Access
- BT, ADVA (News - Alert), and Infovista with radio support from Accelleran, Attocore, and Radisys: Wholesale Network Slicing for 5G Access
- Equinix, Unitas Global, and Ciena/Blue Planet: AI-Driven Federated Domain Operations for Ultra Resilient Services
- Tata Communications Transformation Services (TCTS), Fortinet, and Spirent Communications: Security Assurance in SD-WAN Application Flows (“The Protectors”)
- CenturyLink, Telia Carrier, and Infinera: AI/ML and Policy Driven Networks for the LSO-Based Architecture
- CenturyLink, Spirent Communications, and Versa Networks: SD-WAN Services and API Automated Certification
- Amdocs and Cisco: 5G Factory – Private Enterprise Networks for Industry 4.0
- TELUS, Ekinops (News - Alert), and Inmanta: Multi-Domain Orchestration of MPLS, SD-WAN and Cloud Services
- NTT Communications, NTT Labs, and Okinawa Open Laboratory: 5G xHaul Sharing as Slices with LSO Orchestration
“It has been a pleasure working directly with top service and technology experts from around world who are participating in the MEF 3.0 PoC Showcase,” said Daniel Bar-Lev, Director, Office of the CTO, MEF. “The PoCs are always a highlight for our annual event, and I’m extremely excited about what we have in store for MEF19. This year’s Showcase will provide invaluable insight that enterprises, service providers, and technology companies need to successfully navigate on their digital transformation journey.”
The future of the network is here today. What’s in your WAN?
Edited by Maurice Nagle