SD-WAN FEATURED ARTICLE
Netskope and Infiot to Deliver Single-Vendor SASE Platform
Businesses and governments are rapidly adopting SASE to safeguard data wherever it moves, support digital transformation efforts and realize better efficiency and ROI from their technology.
By 2024, 80% of SD-WAN deployments will incorporate SSE requirements, up from less than 25% in 2022, according to Gartner (News - Alert). By 2025, 80% of enterprises will adopt a strategy to unify web, cloud services and private application access from a single vendor's SSE platform.
Netskope, a cybersecurity provider that helps organizations apply zero trust and SASE, announced it acquired Infiot. Infiot is a vendor that enables secure, reliable access with zero trust security, network and application optimization and AI-driven operations.
As the foundation of the new Netskope Borderless WAN solution, Infiot technology will allow customers to embrace modern, cloud-first networking by leveraging Netskope SASE Gateways, creating secure, optimized connections between any enterprise location, including site-to-site or the cloud.
“Netskope is uniquely positioned to help customers with a fully converged SASE platform," said Sanjay Beri, Netskope CEO. "We're very excited to introduce Borderless WAN, and to welcome Infiot to our growing team."
Netskope SASE Gateways enable end-to-end optimization for improved app performance, provide increased network resilience through real-time link monitoring and dynamic path selection and offer identity and per-app access policies to apply zero trust principles to the network.
Netskope Borderless WAN critical use cases include:
- Easy access to Netskope Intelligent SSE services powered by Netskope NewEdge infrastructure.
- All-in-one intelligent access, routing, wireless WAN, network security, app assurance and edge compute as an effective way to modernize, simplify and implement SASE architecture.
- The ability to offload MPLS and eliminate costs by sending more traffic direct-to-net, eliminate backhauling and leverage fixed/mobile connectivity options.
- Better guaranteed WAN connectivity to ensure end-to-end performance, from the last mile to the cloud or legacy data center.
- Simplified operational overhead associated with running custom third-party applications.
In addition to offering Borderless WAN capabilities, Netskope integrated with SD-WAN partners to ensure customers benefit from Netskope Intelligent SSE in mixed environments while maintaining flexibility and choice in vendor partners.
Edited by Erik Linask